Sunday, September 5, 2010

Summer Harvest

I am in love:


I have always loved fruit. But Raspberries and Blackberries were, for some reason, a fruit I never could get into. My friend and "surrogate mother" at work offered me some raspberries a month ago that she had lightly sprinkled with Truvia, since Splenda is made with chlorine.  I tentatively popped a raspberry and a blackberry in my mouth:

LOVE

So now I cannot get enough of fresh raspberries and blackberries. I could eat a container of them a day.

Unfortunately, raspberries are currently retailing for $4.50 for a half-pint. Blackberries are $2.99. Still cheaper and much healthier than a pack of cigarettes, but nonetheless not so good on the pocketbook. I'm gong to go on a raspberry hunt today to see if the local orchards are selling them for cheaper.

Having dreams about making this champagne cocktail when Apache comes home.


What are your favorite summer foods?

2 comments:

E said...

Oh sounds yummy!

Andi said...

I effing love berries. lol your blog made my mouth water.