Friday, July 31, 2009

Staying up All Night to Write A Love Song, To No One

The Date is tonight

It's been an intensely long time since I've been on a date that I knew wasn't predestined to end up in the bedroom. (IE: with Jay*, my Marine "ex"). I'm trying to make the best first impression I can. Scanning my closet this evening, I realized that all I really have are what I consider "bedroom"clothes-- the type that would cue the male that I'm with that I will be a willing participant in whatever midnight activity he is planning. Several of my best outfits caused Jay to order up "dessert" before dinner-- I am going to miss his freespirited approach.

A first date, however, is not the time to bring out that "bedroom" outfit; I don't want to give the wrong idea.



Ideally, I want an outfit that:
  1. makes me appear mature

  2. is sexy without being skanky

  3. makes me look a few pounds lighter

I think I have the perfect outfit, but I'm going to have to run out to purchase a new set of black heels. My old sexy standbys have seen better days.

The date tonight is dinner and drinks at Sakura Tokyo, a hibachi Japanese restaurant in Worcester.

I feel a little more confident now that I've spoken with several friends about it.

Twinsie: "Age is just a number."

Jaime: "Nothing wrong with trying older."

Megan: "Hahaha."

Two out of three ain't bad, right?

In other news, I got my period. again. for the third time in a month. I took my pill just a few hours later than normal and I get my period. ugh.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

How old was the guy? How was the date? If you're getting your period just for taking your pill a little late, you need a new pill. Call your doctor asap.

Aurora said...

I just started back up on the pill after being off of it for a few months... so my body hasn't gotten used to it yet.