Sunday, August 15, 2010

Love the Way You Lie



Heard this Rihanna/Eminem collaboration on the radio a few times, so I checked out the video on youtube, like I do with most songs I enjoy.     Meghan Fox and Dominic Monahagn's chemistry portrays my life with Trevor more vividly than I ever thought possible.. down to the body language, broken walls, his ripped, strained wifebeaters and cheap wood paneling.

I haven't thought about Trevor in a long time, honestly. He's living his life without me, and whether I agree with it or not, its his life to lead.  And I've found that level of connection and love again with someone who is mature enough to handle it. The video just disturbed me because of how hard it hit home. In retrospect, I can't believe I lived through 3 years of that, especially the end where fighting like that was the only way we could communicate.  But I totally understand where they are at.. and am so grateful for what I have now.

2 comments:

Cammy@ClassroomConfessions said...

I've heard the song countless times but I had never seen the video or thought about the larger implications. I guess I am so used to Eminem talking about dangerous relationships that I forget to pay attention anymore. I am so glad that you aren't in that situation and that you have found someone who truly cares about you.

michelle said...

i know exactly what you mean. i don't know how i got where i was, but i'm so glad i have something better now