Friday, April 2, 2010

My philosophy on life circa April 2010

My philosophy on life these days is the same as my philosophy on running on the elliptical: keep your head down,  focus on doing it the best you can, and know that each second ticking by brings you closer to the end.

My life has been so busy these days.  I started coaching softball, and while I love being outdoors playing in the dirt with the kids, practice adds 2+ hours to my day. I get out of work at 2:30, practice til 4:30, then off to the gym til about 6:30 or 7. I feed Magic on my way home from the gym, and then get home. I had been waiting until I got home to eat dinner, but that was wrecking havoc on my blood sugar (I'm Hypoglycemic). So now I pack breakfast, lunch, and dinner with me in the morning, and eat dinner after practice and before the gym.

At least, I try to get to the gym:


The entrance to my gym on Tuesday.

There has been no softball and gym for most of this week due to the intense amounts of rain here in northeast Connecticut. As many of you may have seen on the news, there has been a crazy amount of flooding here. Luckily, my town was spared the flooding, but some of my friends and family weren't so lucky. It's odd because I just turned in my thesis proposal a few weeks ago to write a book based upon the great flood of 1955, that totally wiped out large areas of this state. The amount of rain we have gotten in the past week exceeds the rain sent down by that flood. Were it not for a network of dams put in after the flood of '55, the flooding would have been even more widespread.

I find sporadic moments during the day to do grad school work (planning periods, after I get home from work, if softball is canceled). I always feel like I'm playing "catch-up" with one area of my life or another. We have the day off for "Good Friday" and I am at my dad's office working on, what else?, grad school work. It feels like a never ending task but I learned in college to just keep my head down and tackle one thing at a time.

I'm tackling one day at time. Missing Apache terribly these days, especially since it's getting warm, and I'm totally an adventurer when it gets warm: ie: let's drive to the beach, let's road trip, let's go for a hike...sort of thing. Wishing he was here to adventure with me. :-/ He comes home in less than a month, so I know that each time I fall asleep alone it means one less day until he comes home. And I know that this is just a 5k compared to the marathon that lies between his leave and when he comes home for good. 6 months. *whistles* wow.

That's my life. in a nutshell. sorry for the lack of posting lately-- we have been put on notice that computers at work are to be used for school-related business only, and yes they are checking. So that means no more 20sb, or Blogger, or even opening my personal email at work. NOTHING.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

I am right there with you, just trying to keep my head above water (no pun intended). Hang in there!

E said...

Wow at the rain! Hope things are still ok! Also I understand, the warm weather makes me miss Marine so much. Glad Apache will be home for a bit soon.

And you sound like me - to busy for your own good!! lol

Also you won my Blog giveaway (congrats!) ~ I need your email address so I can get your info and have the book sent to you :)