Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cam Studio

When possible, Apache and I talk via web cam. Both Yahoo Messenger and AOL Instant Messenger offer convenient platforms to chat. We have Skype too, but Apache prefers Yahoo for some reason.

Apache is currently on his way to Afghanistan after spending almost a week in Kyrgyzstan. I definitely got spoiled because we talked on video cam for almost 4 days straight. Since he will be going to a base that the US has only occupied for 2 months, he's not sure if there is going to be Internet or cell phone service (he has a Verizon WorldPhone that has worked thus far). I wanted to figure out a way to record our chats so I can play them when I miss him.

I discovered CamStudio, a free progam that is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files:

Combined with Windows Movie Maker, I got to create the following video:


4 comments:

Cammy said...

This is sooo sweet! Congrats honey :)

michelle said...

so cute :)

Anonymous said...

awwww.....he is such a sweetheart! so happy for you guys!

Aurora said...

Thanks! He's a wicked cutie.