Thursday, February 25, 2010

So I've decided to take a different tact with this blog. It started off as being a ranting blog about how shitty it is is to be single again after so long.  At this point in my life, relationships are not my focus. I am totally crazy about Apache and there may be an entry on him and I from time, but he is in the 'Ghan. Other than a play by play of our back and forth email conversations, there isn't much I can say.

In some ways, I'm glad that he is in the 'Ghan because I'm not sure at this point in my life I can hold a functional adult relationship with someone who is physically here and wants my time. I know myself well enough to know that my relationship wouldn't suffer, it would be everything else, namely my health and grad school.

So I'm trying to make a life style change because I need to. My weight is creeping back on and that scares me. As of yesterday I weigh 215.4 lbs and I am supposed to be about 140. The time to make a change is NOW, and I need to stop letting everything else get in the way.

So these are my goals of the week. I have three and I think they are pretty doable:

* Alcohol-- let's see if I can make it through the night with only one diet coke and vodka rather than 3 or 4. I go to bars, usually, where I know the bartender. There's no reason why i can't ask her to put it in a rocks glass rather than a soda glass so Country, Dawson, and Cleavage (3 of my friends) have no clue I'm not drinking.

* Tracking- I haven't been tracking and I have a ton of half-started tracking notebooks that I misplace. I have a free subscription to WW Etools-- let's see if I can go a whole week with e-tracking.

* Activity-- I have a level III sprained ankle (torn ligaments) that has kept me off my feet since Feb 13. However, I can do other activities. I'm going to go to a local gym that has a pool and a circuit room. I can do any activities that do not involve ankle or tons of weigh bearing in the circuit room and swimming might be good for me.

Trust me, the blog will still retain the same flavor, just of a different variety.

Comments?

8 comments:

michelle said...

my rule: it's your blog, do what you want :) im with you on the distanced relationship front. i just started seeing someone i adore, and i know i would spend every available minute with him if he were closer. at the expense of the rest of my life

glad youre trying to get back into the ww groove. i LOVE etracking; i don't know if i would be as efficient at paper tracking. i hate calculating points myself, plus the stored data is so detailed. good luck with everything!

Sara Strand said...

Good for you!

And you know what- if they are your real friends- they shouldn't care if you drink or not. I don't drink and my friends know that, respect it, and don't bother me about it.

I'd like to start tracking too but I am honestly afraid to see how it would end up at the end of the day! :)

Aurora said...

@ Sara- My friends wouldn't care. At this point I am just a little sensitive about the going back OP because I don't really want to admit to everyone that I have a problem.

I totally understand you with the scariness of tracking. Just put in what I had for lunch and I took the dressing packet back to my classroom with me-- 5 points for 1.5 oz of Ken's Country French dressing. YIKES!

@ Michelle- congrats on the new relationship! Glad I'm not the only "crazy" that would devote everything to her man if I could!

Cammy said...

You gotta do what feels right to you! It's your blog and you have an amazing writing style. Good luck with your goals!

Kayleigh Ryanne said...

You have me <3 I will help you if you need it, you know that! And at least your blog is entertaining! Mine is strictly for me but anyone can put their two cents in! <3 Ya!

Eryn said...

I can understand the drinking thing, sometimes its just easier for people to think you're drinking than hafta explain why ur not. I have been doing ww again for awhile now but unfortunatley i have some food issues and suuuuck when it comes to exercise so ive lost 15 and now ive kinda hit a wall and its no fun lol.

Ive always liked ur blog and I think you should write about whatever you want, one of the reasons I always enjoyed reading your blog is that there was alot I could relate to. I also like reading about fun nights out since I have very few friends and very rarely get to go out even though I wish I did, so its fun to hear what other people do. Hope the ankle feels better soon, swimming is awesome though :)

Rachael said...

Go for it! I already read a bunch of weight loss/healthy living blogs so I like that type of material :)

Good luck with the ankle!!

Aurora said...

@Cammy- Thank you! So do you! Can you send the link to ur new blog to me? I can't figure out how to save it to my reader!

@Kayleigh- you have me too! I just joined Fitness Factory 101 right down the road from you.

@Riley-- I'm glad you like my blog. Keep up the good work! The first 15 is so amazing!! I'm glad that you enjoy my blog and can relate to it! I'm checking yours out too!

@Rachael-Thanks!