Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Worst girlfriend ever

It's parent confrences day which means that while I got to sleep in late, go for a run, and get my nails done before reporting to work at noon today, I'm imprisioned in my classroom until 7. Doubly sucks that I have had not one parent visit me. I'm the computer teacher-- who visits their kids computer teacher during Parent Confrences. And the kids I have in my one LA class, most of their parents emailed back to say that since their children earned at least a C, they didn't feel they needed to see me. I wish I could have emailed back to tell them exactly how much of a process it took for their child to earn that C...but I didn't.

Instead, I spent the day planning my classes from now till Thanksgiving, and making photo copies. Particularly excited by the upcoming unit on A Christmas Carol, especially after coming back from the Connecticut Reading Association with a bunch of kickass ideas.

Picture books = language arts heaven

That's not to say my kids are reading picture books in lieu of other things, but I am using picture books, such as Piggybook by Anthony Browne to introduce concepts that I expect them to use with our literature.

I just got my period which means that I am wicked crampy and cranky, particularly because I feel like there are two elephants sitting on my chest. I am also extremely sexually frustrated because I haven't seen Doc since Wednesday night. He landed himself in the hospital Saturday which an infected lung- thankfully not caused by swine flu. However, since it seems like something always happens to postpone our dates, I accused him of not being in the hospital.

His response:


Yup, worse girlfriend in the world. He spent two nights in the hospital, and thankfully understood my paranoia. All he asked was that I pick up a "care package" for him at Frederick's. Any suggestions? (Especially from you Not-So-Eligible Bachelor)

I promise to get a much better picture of Doc as soon as I see him. Well, maybe not as soon as, since I have other priorities in mind, but I definitley will get one for you all.

Fellow Blogger users, does anyone know how to get the date to appear with your blog entries?

5 comments:

Sara Strand said...

I have no idea about the dates- my just kind of come up. I think. Actually I can't remember.

Suck ass about the conferences. That would suck and be boring. And boo to the period, yo. That's the week where I want nobody to come near me, yet my husband, after being together 7 years, still doesn't get this. You'd think the kicking and punching would be a clue. Maybe I should be grateful for tenacity. Right.

Anonymous said...

Lol @ Smart ass Sara.
They never seem to get the idea of it. They actually find it amusing at times? (o_0) Don't ask me why tho.
As for the date on the blog entries, below the posting box, you have "Post Options" here you should be able to edit the post date & time.
You can also go to the Settings tab, and in the Formatting sub menu, edit the format in which the date appears.

Anonymous said...

Ew! Parent conferences are never fun. At least you got work done!

As for Doc, suck that he's in the hospital. I understand you being apprehensive since you two just started dating. It's hard to know if you can trust someone, especially after everything you've been through. Good luck!

Mr O said...

I say good luck with the new guy as well, and from a guy's perspective, let me just say that you do not have the title of worst girlfriend, but the fact that you are considering a "care package" puts you in the qualifying for best girlfriend

michelle said...

you are by no means the worst girlfriend, and he knows that :) i suggest any corset from frederick's. and if you're feeling adventurous/silly, stop by spencer's for handy gadgets lol

i hope his illness passes quickly and your period becomes less ouchy!