Sunday, November 1, 2009

Disappearing Act

I went out last night with a few friends. Doc's restaurant was throwing a Halloween celebration, and my friends and I went there first. I was dressed up as Beer Wench, and Doc was Mario from Super Mario Bros. The restaurant was kinda dead, so Doc told me that I shouldn't feel as if I had to stay there with him all night. So, I told him that I'd go with my friends to a Halloween party, and he asked me to come back around 11:30 for the costume contest.

At 10:45, I got a text from him: "Nap Time :)". He had rented a hotel room (the restaurant is in a hotel), and had been sneaking over there during the day to get some sleep cause he was still sick.

When I got there at 11:30, he was no where to be found. I waited a little while, then started texting.

11:52: u awake?

11:59: "I came back like u asked and i'm alone at the bar cuz everyone is too drunk to drive again. Wru?


 Douchebag showed up, and as it neared 12:30, I asked him I should go over to the hotel, and ask what room he was in. Douchebag's response:

"Well, that'd be fine. But what if he's in there with another girl?"

Not cool. Comments like that had made me paranoid about my relationship with Trevor, and I'm trying hard to keep those doubts out of my relationship with Doc.

I decided at 12:30 to just let him sleep, and left to go home. As I drove through the parking lot, though, I noticed something interesting: his Saab wasn't in the lot.  He does have two cars, but he was at my house earlier in the day driving the Saab. I have no clue what his other car looks like, and I doubt that he would have driven home (30 mins away) before going back to work.

My final message to him, at 12:34: "Where the hell did you go ur cars not even here? Im leaving for a while. Text me if you wanna chill later."

If he left, why didn't he text or call to tell me he was leaving especially since we had made plans? Also, my bag full of my clothes and make up is in his office, which he locked when he left.

So, now the waiting game begins. The restaurant opens at 11, and I'm not sure if he's managing, but I need my bag.  I'm not sure how to approach this. I'm thinking that it's time to be up front with him-- I am damaged, and I have trust issues, and stuff like this does not make it easier for me to trust him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF! Man, and I was rooting for him! I wonder what happened? I mean part of me wants to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but then that text was so weird.

I think you need to tell him that what he did was wrong, especially because you have learned not to trust men. See if he can be a man about it.

Let us know how it goes! I'll be praying.

Aurora said...

"Nap time" the text wasn't so weird. To contextualize it, he had been bouncing back and forth between his room and the restaurant trying to fall asleep before the craziness began at 11. But he couldn't fall asleep...

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt too... but it's hard.

Sara Strand said...

Red flags, bells and whistles here!! Who does this? It's like, great if you need to take a nap, but to then just up and leave? Without letting you know something came up? LAME-O.

I'd go over there ASAP and just say you need to get your bag. If he wants to talk just tell him that you must have misunderstood his previous intentions because this is apparently just a fling to him. I wouldn't go all bitch about it, but I'd just be honest.

The Not-So-Eligible Bachelor said...

Why go throwing 'trust' into the mix?

Just have fun with him...

Play around a bit before settling back down - again . . .

*yawn*

Anybody want to go get some coffee?