Monday, March 1, 2010

Care Package

With a finally confirmed address in hand, I sent Apache's care package out last week. It weight 28 lbs-- I thought it was going to be close to $60 to send.

SOMEHOW it was only $19.

I try to send random things in his care packages to make him laugh since he is having a really hard time adjusting to his deployment. I am working on his second care package, which will be his birthday one. In the first one, I sent him some stick on moustaches (their CO made them grow moustaches, which he hated) and a "Bullshit" button (kinda like the Staples Easy Button) plus a lot of plastic army men.


He keeps asking me to send myself in a box, so in his 2nd care package I am sending a Pamela Anderson blow up doll. I'm going to blow it up before I send it, so the doll will pop up when he opens it. Dawson finds this hysterical--I'm hoping Apache does too (I'm half afraid I'm going to give him a heart attack). Plus some birthday hats, candles, etc. He loves Key Lime Pie, so I'm going to try to find something Key Lime flavored to send. I also am going to attempt to send a bottle of Patron in the Lipton Iced Tea Bottles since he is thirsting for a drink!

I also put little post it notes on things when I send it, explaining why I include some things. For example, I included a box of dryer sheets since I know that they can help to make things smell nice, can be used to wipe dust off of electronic LCD screens, and if you hang them up they keep away the bugs-- trust me. I own a horse and I braid them into his mane and tail in the summer time to keep away the horse flies. So I put a little post it note on it.

I also bought him a blanket from the grad school I attend-- one of those really warm ones that are made out of sweatshirt material. I slept in it for a week and then sprayed it with perfume




2 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Dude- send ME a care package!! :)

Cammy said...

Aw! Super cute! You know how to put a care package together for sure :)