Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Christian Kane

It was late January 2009 and the fog was ghosting off the lake, drifting across the road. I was in my car following the phantom of the Jay's taillights. Easily creeped out, imagining figures coming out of the dark woods, I turned on the radio to muffle the eerie sound of silence. The country station was playing the opening notes of a song I had never heard before.

Instantly in love with the song, because it described my relationship with Jay so well, I jotted down a few of the lyrics on the back of an envelope. A Google search turned up no hits. So, I emailed the DJ of tha radio station. He emailed me back, sheepishly admitting that the had played a demo tape. The song was called "Let Me Go" by Christian Kane, who some of you might know from the show Leverage. The song was only available on his MySpace page.

The electronic albumn just got released today. I highly recommend him to you all. He has a beautiful, rough voice-- he reminds me of Chris Daughtry or Bo Bice, except in country form.

I downloaded it and I'm sharing it all with you. I hope you enjoy!


0 comments: