Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Endorphins

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make people happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands."
- Legally Blonde


Minnie & I joined a gym yesterday, the Fitness Factory. With our newly minted grad school student ids, it's only $37 a month including tanning! The start up fees were waived and we get a lovely 20% discount. That works out great for me because it's pretty much one stop shopping. It's 5 mins down the road from the barn, there's a nail salon right next door, and my tanning is there so I have NO excuse to not at least hop up on the treadmill. Plus, it saves on gas and travel time.

I'm taking it easy with my ankle. I can really only handle walking on the treadmill for now. Anything high-impact is not a good thing while the tendons heal. The most important thing is that I'm laying the ground work for a habit to develop.

2 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Go you! :) I bought a treadmill for at home and I have seen some progress during my first month (February) of doing it. I've been blogging my weekly exercise, weight loss/gain (actual numbers. Seriously- I figured maybe shaming myself will help. So far- yes) and pics. We'll see what it's like after a few more months!

Cammy said...

Yay! Your new gym sounds awesome!