Thursday, October 8, 2009

the letter

A Rough Draft of the letter I was thinking of including with Trevor's papers.

Dear Trevor,

Since I'm packing to move back in with my parents, I'm going through some boxes from out apartment.

I found these papers of yours, and figured you would need them. I also still have your sweatpants and Dad's baseball cards-- hopefully we can meet up soon so I can give them to you. Besides, I owe you a (legal) drink for your 21st birthday!

I hope that this letter finds you well and happy. Magic is doing very well-- we got alot of compliments at the Fair this year. You are always welcome to ride or visit him; I've moved him to Cindy's to escape the drama at Joanne's. That has made a huge difference. Spooky has put on all the weight back that he lost while he was gone, thoguh he's definitley more of a tough guy now.

As for me, I spend my time at work or at the barn. I'm looking forward to starting my first year of graduate school at Lesley University in Cambridge in January. I'll be doing that in addition to teaching at the school. And I'm happy to say that I'm well on my weight to being back at the weight I was when we met.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,

Aurora

PS: I'm still not over you.....


(my name, address, and phone number)



Thoughts? I'm thinking the ending is a bit much but I'm not sure how to pack this much emotion into a few words that are not going to convey desperation or scare him away....

4 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Do it!! What really do you have to lose? It can't get any worse, right? Maybe put something in there that you miss him, etc. :) Lay it on girl!!

Twinsie said...

Oh Twinsie..... It's a beautiful note, but I thought you had concluded that he probably needs some more time to sort things out. I agree- you could send it but because of who T is you might just upset him and set things back even further.

Aurora said...

Idk what to do.. I have no patience.

Anonymous said...

I think send it... without the PS part. I think it is a really sweet note that lets him know you still care!