Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sex, Lies, & Obsessions

Sex: So I broke my celibacy for a midnight romp in my best friend Tom's truck. Tom and I have chemistry... I think  that's part of the reason we became friends. I was with Trevor, and Tom was engaged to my best friend at the time, hereafter known as the Redheaded Slut. To make a long story short, he is no longer engaged; she and I are no longer friends; I'm no longer with Trevor; and Tom and I are still best friends. Last Monday, Tom came up to visit, trail ride, and show me his brand new trucks. Since, the sight of my new pickup trucks has been known to make this cowgirl's panties mighty damp (Jay's truck was lifted *yum*), I couldn't resist helping him christen it. We went on a trail ride, had dinner, and then parked down by the river to "talk" (yeah, right). Talking ended up to a short romp in the back seat.

I'm comforting myself with these facts: A) I've slept with Tom before (when he and I were both single); B) he's my best friend; and C) it was a special occasion.



Lies: A few months ago, I decided to join E-Harmony to see what all the buzz was about. After one disasturous date, I never used it again. In fact, I forgot all about the account until I got the pretty little email this morning that said that E-Harmony had auto-renewed for $96.95! Not cool.

So after looking up their customer care number (which is IMPOSSIBLE to find on their web site), I called to cancel and get my money back. The woman politely informed me that they had a strict "no refund policy." In the same breath, she asked why I wanted to cancel. Thinking fast, I said that I was engaged. After congratulating me, she said that she would give me a refund as a courtesy. Success!



Obsessions: With lots of time on my hands, I have discovered a few new obsessions: the Wii Fit, Bejeweled Blitz of Facebook, Get Off My Lawn,  riding my horse, reading, Animal Planet's Jockeys, NCIS, and grading (I'm so ontop of these things). Bejeweled Blitz takes up far too much of my time in the evenings, drawing my attentions away from healthier things such as grading and Wii Fit.

So, what are you obsessed with?

lied

stretched the truth, "because I got engaged." LIE!After congratulating me (even though the match was no on eharmony), she offered to refund my money as a one-time curtosey fee. Success!

3 comments:

Sara Strand said...

OK, so although I am a married chick...I am so jealous of your "who cares" sex romps. Damn you! :)

Anonymous said...

Quick thinking on that e-harmony thing! That rocks!

I wish sometimes that my Catholic voice would allow me to have causal sex.

I am 24, been in two series relationships, and only ever had sex with those two men. Sometimes I wish I had the ability to have a casual encounter.... sigh.

Twinsie said...

Hmmmm... "special occasion sex." All I can think of to compare that to is when my mother breaks out her Christmas pattern Pfaltzgraff dishware set once a year to serve Christmas dinner to our family and friends on... a twisted, yet working comparison perhaps?