Thursday, August 20, 2009

Check out the redecorating

One of my graduated 8th grade students, Dakota*, so generously offered to help me redecorate my classroom. Okay, I bribed her with pizza and ice cream... and she was desperated to get out of her house. Thanks to our efforts, my classroom is now organized and ready for the new year.

Photobucket

The students' work station. Notice the instructions on the board; last year the students would print out their assignments, and leave them for me to collect. It was a nightmare. This year, I'm decreeing that they need to staple and pass their work in themselves!

Photobucket

My desk-- notice the organization!

Photobucket

Alternative seating arrangments. I may teach computers, but the students still watch presentations and do group work off the computer. Still to come: a yoga ball and a bean bag chair.

Photobucket

Computer rules section complete with posters unearthed at a yard sale.

Photobucket

You "otter" love computer bulletin board. This is my favorite one because it features recycled salad containers as keys. The kids get a kick out of it too, and it helps them to learn where the keys are as they are waiting in line to be dismissed. It is a pain in the A$$ to put up, and I literally cried when I was told to take it down at the end of the year.

Photobucket

This is my "Catch of the Week" wall where I post student exemplars.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back wall with my lights, flower garland, and bandana "curtains"?

Photobucket

Mini fridge with drawers for headphone storage for each class.

Photobucket

The pitifully incomplete tree.

Don't forget, comments on this or any of my other posts between now and August 26 will enter you in the giveaway!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks great. I have this secret wish to be a teacher so I can decorate my own classroom.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!
The Otter Computer thing is freakin' awesome! I can imagine it was really hard to put up!
Btw, I read this post in my Google reader and then clicked on it to post a comment. The pictures were good in my reader but they are cut off on this page.

Good luck next week!