Friday, August 28, 2009

Tell me I'm over reacting

So during my drunken Saturday night, I texted Mustang several times, encouraging him to come up to the party. Seriously, my cell needs a breathalyzer. Sunday morning, I apologized, trying to explain that I was insanely drunken. He already knew that fact since Jay had already filled him in on exactly how annihilated I was.

I texted and im-ed with him on Monday, then texted him on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. I initiated the text message conversations. I decided to let him contact me, and I didn't hear from him yesterday. I texted him (sober) tonight and this was the extent of the conversation.


Me: hey, how's it going?
Mustang: ok, you?
Me: Good. Just playing with the new laptop. Watcha up to?
Mustang: I'm doing things..i'm away
Me:Didja go anywhere fun?
Mustang: I'm in Maine
Me: Lol don't get blown away in the hurricane tomorrow!
Mustang: It's not going to hit. My phone's not going to last.
Me: Okay, have fun!
*End Convo*

I think he's up in Maine on the annual retreat that he (and Jay's) work sponsors. Which could explain why he is being so short-- if he's drinking with the crew, he's probably not going to want to chit chat.

So, what do I do? Thoughts? We've only gone out that one time, but talked extensively via phone, IM, and text since.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... that's a toughie for me. I have only been single for 5 months since I was 17 (wow I just had a minor heart attack writing that) and in that 5 months I sucked at dating. I had almost the exact same thing happen when I started dating my financial advisor (he's my age). We went on like 3 dates and were texting/talking on the phone and all seemed good. Then I invited him somewhere with my friends one night and he became completely weird and we never went out again.

If he is in Maine for work, he may just legitimately be busy. I'd wait to see what happens when he gets back. Maybe don't text/call him for awhile and see if he ends up contacting you.

Good Luck!

Yeewuz said...

As a guy, I will try and explain Mustang's behavior. From your previous posts I have taken away that he is a nice guy. To me, it sounds like you caught him in the middle of his trip, when he was having a good time with the guys. Being the upstanding gentleman he is he didn't want to leave you hanging so he responded, but did so with short and succinct replies as a polite way of telling you he was in the middle of something. Wait until he gets back from his trip to try talking again.

Aurora said...

Brent, I love you, you know that? He actually reminds me a little of you. I miss you a ton btw.

nicole antoinette said...

Ugh, I have been doing the text message over analyzing SO MUCH lately. I totally feel this.