Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Laziness may appear attractive, but work brings satisfaction"- Anne Frank

I’ve become one of those people I hate: lazy.

The type of people that sit at a desk all day only to sit on the couch watching TV/ perusing the internet when they get home.

I’m ashamed to say that I’ve gained seven pounds during my summer vacation. Why? Because I barely move. And that lack of movement just makes me feel tired and sluggish. It’s 3:00 pm, and I’m sitting here in a coma that only an intense amount of caffeine can awaken me from.

I need to be motivated, and start getting in the 10,000 – 15,000 steps that Weight Watcher recommends for weight loss.

So I’m declaring a moratorium on technology from 4:30 pm to 10 pm each night. I will dedicate that time to accomplishing physical tasks, including riding my horse, taking the dog for runs, dance class, and swimming. Oh, and actually using the tail end of the gym membership I paid $150 for at the end of June, and only used twice!

I also need to get back into the habit of keeping track of my Points. As I write this, I have today’s consumption diligently recorded in my new purple Journal. Let’s see if I can say the same this time tomorrow.

I’ve also discovered, through Sarah at the 20sb.net, the Day Zero Project. http://www.dayzeroproject.com/ where you make a list to accomplish 101 things 1001 days. I’m currently working on my list, and I will upload sometime tomorrow!

1 comments:

Cyn said...

www.sparkpeople.com - it's my new BFF