Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wish on a shooting star

Sometimes I wish I had never met you, because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there." - Good Will Hunting

So I obviously don't listen to what people say, or I have some sort of penchant for self-inflicted emotional abuse. I met them at the bar. (Sorry, Twinsie!)

Their friend was pretty funny actually, with the same sort of a humor as Jay. However, I interacted the most with Jay. We swapped stories, he teased me, kept making comments about me in bed that only I would get, he said he missed me several times, and best of all, his eyes made me sea sick as they bounced from my cleavage to my face. heh-heh. And Dogface inched closer and closer to him-- she had her hand on his leg all night. Call me vicious, but I was reveling in every single glorious minute of it.

The worst part was at the end of the night, he went home with her. I wanted him so badly by then that it was pretty disappointing--it kinda felt like he and I were on the date, and the other two tagged along. However, like a lot of people said, I don't forsee that lasting very long. WorkFriend even said later that the spark between Jay and I was pretty evident--it actually made him uncomfortable to watch us interact, and I'm sure Dogface felt the same.

After they left, I went to the beach with WorkFriend. He drives a beautiful 2007 Mustang Convertible, and the night ways way too nice to waste. We walked along the beach for while, and saw ten shooting stars. I gave him my phone number. He's pretty smart, and funny, and judging for the way he kept touching me while we were walking (around my waist, grabbing my hand), he's interested. I'm going to see where it goes. It might be something, and even if it's not, it keeps me around Jay. I missed him.

Oh, and yes, Camile, DogFace is married. To Jay's friend and coworker. Her husband left for bootcamp in late February, and told Jay to keep an eye on her. Oh, he did all right. Her husband came home from boot camp in the middle of June, and I'm not sure how he found out about them. I know that rumors were flying all over the place. I also know that he does want her back. The last thing that I do know, after being in that situation, is that your feelings for your ex are always stronger than the ones for the new guy. And somewhere down the road, you do want to go back home. She talked about her husband 4 times that night-- a sure sign she's not over him.

And I plan on being there when this falls apart.

"How can you simply be friends with someone when every time you look at them, you're thinking about how much more you really want?" - Dawson's Creek

1 comments:

Manicured Teacher said...

Wow. Dogface is messed up! And Jay was supposed to keep an "eye" on her? I guess he took it a little too far. Maybe the date wasn't such a bad thing. I mean it comfirmed that this whole love square (?) is kinda messed up and that dogface will probably not be in the picture long.
Good Luck!