Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We'll meet again at heaven's gate....


So I made it till 9:15. :-P

I went to dinner at my parents and then packed up my bike in the back of my Dad's Durango. We dropped my little sister, T, off at Special Olympics Softball. While my parents watched her practice, I took off on my bike through the streets of Putnam. I forgot how much I love biking and how much of a workout it is. All in all, I did about 3 miles. Once I get my seat fixed (it keeps falling down on me), I'm going to take it out for a much longer bike ride, hopefully in RI near the shore.

Found out this evening that a legend is being put down on Thursday. Rudy is a gray purebred Arabian stallion that has sired many children, and taught many (including me) to ride. In his heydey, he was the epitome of the Arabian ideal. He's lived a long, full life, and is being put down because he has begun urinating blood--which usually means a tumor. My condolences go to his owner and her family, in addition to all of the riders that know and love him.

Going to say goodbye tomorrow.

0 comments: