Monday, August 17, 2009

The Twinsie Collective

Reconnected with my Twinsie recently. She and I went to college together, and met through mutual friends. On the surface, she and I are totally different:

She's vegan, I'm not.
She's all-natural, I have a healthy obsession with makeup
She has an extremely hot younger brother that I would like to make poor decisions with (sorry Twins, that has to go in there).

Yet, we are a lot alike. We grew up on 80s hair metal, both our fathers work with computers, we both collect rubber ducks, we are half Canadian, and, most importantly, we were the only liberal girls in a group of extremely conservative boys. We have both spend much too much money at Lush, and both of us are lightweights, especially when it comes to margaritas from MargaritaGrill.

The boys nicknamed us Twinsies. She is Twinsie Communist (TC), and I'm Twinsie Immorality (TI). And the Twinsie collective was born; we even have our own Facebook fan club.

Most importantly, Twinsie is one of the most nonjudgmental people I've ever met; I can tell her anything, however bad, and her opinion of me doesn't change. And the mark of a true friend is when it feels like days, not years, since you've last seen them.

We also come up with the best quotes. Since she and I usually forget what we said the next day, we've decided to have a blog entry to record Twinsieisms.

* "I'd be comfortable getting it done with you around"- TC (her husband must be so happy about that *wink*)

* "Jay better hope his friend is good in bed" - TI

* "I figured there was a reason you were grinding with me that night, y'know, beyond Twinsie love." -TC, reminiscing about my extreme drunkenness at a college ball

* TI: "so u know my love for spray butter"
TC: "yes, I do know of the Twinsie's passion for spray on dairy substitutes..."
TI: "i sprayed myself in the eye...and now my contacts are buttery"

* "Oh yeah, we'll you're an asshole that can't get laid!" - TC to one of the boys

* "Hell, even our twins are twins"- TC, commenting on the fact that both of us, ahem, have rather large breasts.


0 comments: